Skip to main content


Published on 16 Nov. 2015



A Swedish export license is required for the following objects:


- All books printed in Sweden before 1600.


- Swedish printed books and maps older than 100 years and with a value of more than SEK 10000.


- Foreign printed books and maps that have been in Sweden for more than 100 years and have a value of more than SEK 10000.


- Manuscripts older than 50 years and that have a value over SEK 2000.


There is no VAT on second hand books and maps but a profit margin taxation, which is 6%. It is not deductible.

  • share