RARE ORIENTAL BOOK CO., An Art & Intellectual Property Company Since 1967. ILAB, ABAA
|« Rare Illustrated Books||Rare Photo Gallery »|
|Contact person:||Dr. Jerrold G. Stanoff|
|Contact other person:||Mme. Tuong-Van [Tran] Stanoff|
|Address:|| P.O. Box 1599|
Aptos CA 95001-1599
- Fairy Tales
- Far East
- Southeast Asia
|Other specialties:|| We are interested in most any subject vis-a-vis the areas, cultures and countries below. Our inventory is eclectic, we maintain over 25,000 rare books in many other subjects not listed. Please visit our website and search for what you like to read or collect. Inquire with us if you did not find the exact item. Actively buying libraries and collections on the below subjects.|
Asian Art Reference, Asian Photography, Asians in America,
Asian Travel & Voyages, Japan, China, Tibet, Korea, Himalayas,
Mongolia, Central Asia, Burma, Indo-Chine, Macau, French-Indo China [Vietnam pre-1940],
Annam, Tongking, Siam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaya, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines,
Formosa [Taiwan], Manchuria, New Guinea, Japanese Crepe Paper Fairy Tales & Books, missionary accounts and other primary resources &c.
* * * * WITH SPECIAL EXPERTISE IN Rare Materials on : * * * *
* Japanese, Chinese, Korean & Vietnamese art, painting, ceramics, Netsuke, Inro, woodblock reference books, all disciplines.
* Japanese, Chinese & Korean Woodblock Printed: maps, illustrated books [E-hon] & prints, paper-making sample books &c.
* Chinese & Japanese Painted Scrolls, Qi Baishi Paintings & books, Early Buddhist woodblock-printed examples
* Original Vietnamese Silk/Oil Paintings: National Treasures, major artist's works of the 20th century
* We aspire to focus on the CHOICE, OBSCURE, UNUSUAL AND UNIQUE items covering the gambit from art, history, travel, religion, ethnology, ceramics, jade, archaeology, photographica, photo albums, folk-art, paintings, botany, bronzes, costume, design books, Asian erotica, furniture, gardens, guide books, Lafcadio Hearn, ivory, lacquer, Mt. Everest, missionaries, natural history, opium, ornithology, Asian paper-making, Peking, Shanghai, sculpture, textiles and hundreds more ! Inquire with your collecting interests !
* Color illustrated catalogs can be downloaded from our web site by subject. Please search our inventory on our web site. You can also request any catalog of your subject choice by emailing us, we will sent it to by return email.
* We describe and illustrate some 25,000 titles in our fields of expertise on our web site.
* Your desiderata list carefully searched, please send your desiderata list for no obligation offers.
* Better Single Items and whole libraries purchased world-wide, we travel to you and view your library upon request.
WE ARE SCHOLARS, PROFESSIONALLY AND ACADEMICALLY TRAINED ANTIQUARIAN SPECIALISTS:
Established in 1967, the RARE ORIENTAL BOOK CO., has been the pre-eminent purveyor of Fine, Rare, Unique & Obscure materials in all fields of Asian subjects to the world of Collectors, Libraries, Museums, Universities and other scholarly institutions, both private & governmental.
We are professional antiquarian dealers with graduate degrees in our subject specialties as well as Library & Information Science degrees. We speak, read, write Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese + several other European languages. With graduate studies in
Taiwan and Japan.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
. PROFESSIONAL APPRAISERS
We have been doing professional appraisals for the last 50 years to meet clients needs for insurance, probate, donation or any other reason.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
|Opening hours:||By appointment only We are not an open shop. Visitors known to us can arrange an appointment by email.|
|Sales information:||Shipping costs depend on the weight, value and location of the buyer. Please contact us for specifics.|
|Association:||Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America|