Definition of term:: Front fly

  • The first moveable leaf of paper in a book, often blank, which is usually attached to the front pastedown. Also called the front free endpaper, the fly leaf, or the fly.
French: Front leaf
German: Fliegendes Blatt
Swedish: Försättsblad
Source: What bookdealers really mean. A dictionary by Tom Congalton and Dan Gregory (Between the Covers), with additions from other sources