Definition of term:: Marbled paper

  • Marbled paper
    Paper decorated with a multi-colored, swirled design or pattern; often used for end papers or for paper covered boards, especially with 3/4 or 1/2 leather bindings.
Danish: Marmoreret
Dutch: Gemarmerd
French: Papier marbré
German: Marmorieren
Italian: Marmorizzata
Spanish: Jaspeado
Swedish: Marmorera
Source: What bookdealers really mean. A dictionary by Tom Congalton and Dan Gregory (Between the Covers), with additions from other sources