Definition of term:: End paper

  • Paper, often of coated stock or marbled paper or otherwise "fancy" paper, with one half pasted to the cover; used primarily to give a finished appearance to the binding.
Danish: Begyndelsesark
Dutch: Blad van het voorwerk
French: Gardes
German: Vorsatz
Italian: Foglio preliminare
Spanish: Hoja preliminar
Swedish: Eftersättsblad
Source: What bookdealers really mean. A dictionary by Tom Congalton and Dan Gregory (Between the Covers), with additions from other sources